A Glimpse of Calisthenics Historical Background and How it Evolves.
Let us take a look at the Calisthenics historical background and know its origin. Calisthenics is the art of using your body mass to perform various fitness workouts with or without the help of any equipment. And this type of exercise existed during the 19th century when Friedrich Ludwig Jahn and Adolf Spiess popularized gymnastics. Hence, during that time, young ones trained to fight. This kind of training continued for ages throughout many other places. However, Calisthenics’ first recorded training activities were when Greek Historian Herodotus observed how Spartans performed their daily activities. Somehow he thought they were dancing were in fact, they were already performing Calisthenics.
Furthermore, it even became a defensive technique by the Shaolin monks against pagan invaders. And at the same time, militaries used tactical training in preparation for battle, most likely in Greek history. Additionally, this type of training continued and led to the US, where calisthenics women formulated. And later on, it became like part of training for students into different schools. And in most cases, it became a general component of military training, sports activities and also recognized by schools on the Western side. Correspondingly, this became part of the Greek’s training until old age. This type of fitness training played a significant role in military activities that defeated battles.
Highlights in the Calisthenics History
- The declining part of Calisthenics led to competitions: When World War 1 began, Calisthenics started to decline. That’s when some of the fitness activities immerged. And it started competing with Calisthenics. It was called ” The Battle of the systems.” And soon, sports became part of the curriculum in schools, not just Calisthenics.
- Women Calisthenics began: It was introduced in the UK as part of the official curriculum in women-only schools. And Catherine Beecher of the US advocating Calisthenics and even wrote a book for family and schools.
- The Rennaisance of Calisthenics: Hannibal Langham, from New York, revived Calisthenics in 2008. Ten million viewers witnessed his outrageous movement on youtube. And that began the revival of Calisthenics which later became more popular as the street workout.
How Calisthenics Historical Background Became Significant in the New Era?
Calisthenics also played a significant part in gymnastics. Since it provides the basic movement of gymnastics training activities, however, they differ from one another. Additionally, Considering yoga as well as part of Calisthenics since specific actions require strength and resistance. And that was what Calisthenics is all about. It is an art with no borders and limitations. Therefore, it evolves every single day. Hence you can be at your highest level and more with no boundaries. And that’s the main reason why millennials love this kind of workout training. You can explore your body in any dimension. Most likely, it’s a trend for the new generation since this activity is stimulating and at the same time fun.
Today lots of Calisthenics programs and variations occur. So we call it Calisthenics revival. As a matter of fact, more and more people engage in these fitness activities. So it continues to evolve and will furthermore create another new dimension in all ages. Undoubtedly it is all about creativity and style in your movements. And make it dynamic in every single way. It develops your self-confidence and generally boosts your alertness and potential.
The Fundamental Health Benefits of Calisthenics:
- It absolutely helps you build muscle strength and endurance.
- Then it gives you better long-term health.
- In addition to that, it also reduces the risk factors of injury.
- Moreover, it reduces the risk of heart failure and burns fats.
- You can ensure a good sleep since your mind and body functions well.
Have The Strength You Need and be Divine in your Ideal Physique Through Calisthenics.
Calisthenics is from the Greek words “kalós,” for beautiful, and “sthenos,” for strength. So, therefore, Calisthenics is the art of performing power and strength by using your physical body to come up beautifully in every aspect of your physicality. When you understand your purpose in doing Calisthenics, the outcome would be fantastic not just to your body but also to the totality of your being. Nevertheless, before you engage in this workout, make sure that you are ready mentally, emotionally, and, most importantly, consciously. Calisthenics sets no limitations and skills; anyone of all ages can do the activities so long as you are committed to it.
In the same fashion, be mobile anytime and be ready to level up your capacity to make your move in your fitness journey. Remember, strength and endurance are the two main components of Calisthenics. If you master the aspects of your being, it means no limitations. It is equally important as breathing and the perfect alignment of your mind and body. Once you’ve learned the basics, you can begin cracking down on the borders of your physical ability. Calisthenics undoubtedly can help you reinvent yourself into a new you. It’s time to immerse yourself in the world of creativity by the use of your body weight.